• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am I doing wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James McGee

Registered
I have just spent the last hour trying to upgrade the bios to the 1007c.012, I have 1006 now. For some reason I can not get the thing to work.

I created a dos boot disk
I put the fudos on it with the 1007c.012 file
I set all bios settings back to stock
I boot into dos and type fudos /o old.bin. The first time I did it, there was a slide thing that looked like it was reading the bios but it refused to write it out. After that it would never do it again.

So I figured what the heck I'll take the chance and I type in
fudos /i 1007c.012... it checks the disk for a few seconds and returns to the A:\ prompt.

Is there something wrong with the fudos utility? Or am I doing something wrong? HELP!! please...

the syntax for afudos.exe is this...

afudos /i107c.012 /n /pbnc

you don't put a space after the /i and <bios file>. Same with the /o and <current bios>.

-Bobby

Thank you

Thank you very much Bobby, I was begining to loose hope. With 32 people having read the plea for help and no responses I was begining to think I was out of luck. The syntax was the correct answer to the problem. I was able to save a copy of the old bios to disk for use if problems arise, which I am sure they will.

jm

Last edited:
Re: Thank you

James McGee said:
Thank you very much Boby, I was begining to loose hope. With 32 people having read the plea for help and no responses I was begining to think I was out of luck. The syntax was the correct answer to the problem. I was able to save a copy of the old bios to disk for use if problems arise, which I am sure they will.

jm

Or just use that asus update utility that came with the mobo
then you don't have to mess with dos at all (my preference :) )

Woops!!

Good lord is my face red... I hadn't even seen that built in updater yet...(G) Works like a champ doesn't it...thanks for mentioning it, I really appreciate it.

Now I seem to have hit another wall, I think I may be about as far as I can go with it without cranking up the voltages and doing some serious cooling and modding. It seems that at 3.42 Ghz that is as far as it will go and still pass the Sandra burn test. Anything more and it starts failing the test. Does this sound about right?

My Sandra scores are using 2-2-2-5 ram timing were:

Math: 10,534/6489
Cpu/Multi: 15,761-24743
Memory: 5011-5017
Cache: 36671 2K - 37453 4K

Ran at 48C during burn test

3DMark03: 5716

Does this sound about it for a 3.0 without doing major OC'ing?

-------------------------------------------

Asus P4C800 P4 [email protected] Ghz
1 Gig Corsiar xms512 3500c2 ram@ 2-2-2-5

Back