• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I might have to RMA my IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nycundaground

Ok guys im am so frustrated with either my raptors or my Ic7-G thats causing me to have to reinstall Winxp. Well it could also be my *legit* Winxp but i doubt it. It installs fine on a regular ide HD.

Twice i had some files missing from Windows and tells me to reinstall that file for it to work.

Then there was formatting gone wrong where it was in the stage of WINXP formatting the partition and zips from 0% to 100% in like 6 secs. And says the disk may be damaged.

So now i have a very negative impression of WD and Abit. I RMAed one of the raptors already and it seemed to solve the disk may be damaged problem.

Im lucky that Essencompu.com is a few hours away from my house so i could go to the store and RMA there. They were pretty fast in RMAing stuff. I hope the new RMa board is a better revision and i wont have any of these crappy SATA raid problems.

If the new one doesnt work, i might have to go with a P4C800-E or a Epox 4Pca3+

Last edited:
Good grief... your doing some majorly extreme overclocking, then when the system pukes and corrupts Windows registry files you're going to blame the mobo??? Gimme a break, that crap happens all the time when you push the limits. Also... didn't you mod the board already? If so, then I'd say your warranty is void.

Last edited:
batboy said:
Good grief... your doing some majorly extreme overclocking, then when the system pukes and corrupts Windows registry files you're going to blame the mobo??? Gimme a break, that crap happens all the time when you push the limits. Besides, you need to edit your post to remove the reference to illegal software before it's reported to a mod. Also... didn't you mod the board already? If so, then I'd say your warranty is void.

Yea i did do some xtreme Ocing, but the truth it is the freakin serial ata ICh5r controllers that is fuggering with my Raptors.

Hey that is what RMAing is for. I did mod the northbridge fan. but i didnt do any physical mods to the board. I can take that crappy aluminum heatsink and fan and snap it back in and walla. RMAable board. Im thinking of RMAing both of the drives and getting me 2 new ones.

Anyways when i see the status of my Raid Setup during booting one of the Raptors say "Smart Event". Anybody know what that message is for becasue it fuggering the raid.

nycundaground said:

Yea i did do some xtreme Ocing, but the truth it is the freakin serial ata ICh5r controllers that is fuggering with my Raptors.

Hey that is what RMAing is for. I did mod the northbridge fan. but i didnt do any physical mods to the board. I can take that crappy aluminum heatsink and fan and snap it back in and walla. RMAable board. Im thinking of RMAing both of the drives and getting me 2 new ones.

Anyways when i see the status of my Raid Setup during booting one of the Raptors say "Smart Event". Anybody know what that message is for becasue it fuggering the raid.

Bogus bro! I'm sorry to hear about your probs. I haven't had a single issue with my raid o raptors and my IC7 vanilla. They have both been cooking along fine since the day I built this rig.

Krag when did u get your IC7. i might have gotten an early revision thats why i might have probs. with the SATA.

nycundaground said:
Krag when did u get your IC7. i might have gotten an early revision thats why i might have probs. with the SATA.

I bought it the week it came out at googlegear. Its also one of the early boards. I would update the bios first. i am running version 1.1, the factory version is 1.0 and I think the latest version is 1.3 now. If I remember right the newer bios releases do have some SATA updates & fixes.

Guys like you are what screws everything up for the rest of us. You aren't even sure what the weak point is, you're just guessing. So you RMA things because it don't meet your expectations. None of the components you bought were guaranteed to be punished like you are doing. Be a man. That mobo has been modded and abused. My guess is that it works perfect at default speeds and at moderate O/C speeds.

I can make the board look like new again. Its really not my fault this board is faulty. From day 1 when i tried installing WINXP on the Raid. It says the disk may be damaged. After trying all sorts of combinations i was still not able to setup. I was able setup one time running very good for a week then it died on me. So now i know it is the board and not any of my modifications to it.

batboy said:
Guys like you are what screws everything up for the rest of us. You aren't even sure what the weak point is, you're just guessing. So you RMA things because it don't meet your expectations. None of the components you bought were guaranteed to be punished like you are doing. Be a man. That mobo has been modded and abused. My guess is that it works perfect at default speeds and at moderate O/C speeds.

Guys? I really hope you aren't reffering to me?

All I am tring to do is give some helpfull info and solve a problem.

Are you using bios 1.1 or 1.3 with the onchip SATA raid? Make sure you d/l the latest drivers from the intel site and make sure u have all the SATA raid enabled in the bios if or wen u update the bios. Hope that helps you out.

Yep im using Bios 1.3 and using the latest drivers from the intel site. And ive tried almost every comninations of settings but no good. Guess Im might have to leave Abit.

This may be a dumb question but when you installed your OS did you do it with your sytem OC'ed ? Or did you install it at stock speeds and then crank it up after?

FACTION95Si said:
This may be a dumb question but when you installed your OS did you do it with your sytem OC'ed ? Or did you install it at stock speeds and then crank it up after?

Thats not a dumb question at all .

I have found out on many occasions that its better to install the OS at stock speeds and overclock afterwards to avoid OS install errors !

stereo555

yup 4 sure, always install everything at stock and default settings and make sure the system is running and stable. Then u can go and oc and adjust settings for better performance. That way if something goes wrong u can always back easily and fix it.

Back