• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ut2k3 and my 9500pro...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdw8

What am I overlooking? For some reason I can't get over 40fps in ut2k3. I have messed around with everything to try to fix it but it just won't work. I don't have vsync on. I have AA+AF at 4x and 8x. I have tried it without AA+AF and I get the same deal....stays at exactly 40fps every level, on different resolutions. Not sure what I am overlooking...

TIA...

Are you character and level settings jacked up to all high/very high or something?

Is your 9500pro o/ced any? What CPU do you have? Is it o/ced?

Not exactly sure what it could be...short of your CPU holding you back.

I don't think its a hardware issue being that it read 40fps all the time, never changes.

The 9500pro is not o/ced but I have a 1700+ that is at 10.5*161.

I've played with vsync on and this seems just like vsync, the way it just sticks at 40fps.

You might want to try the UT2K3 forums (and hope you don't get called a "n00b" or something)

Maybe they can help you out, maybe one of them has seen something similar. I certainly've never heard of anything like this.
Locked at 60 or 72/75 sure...but 40?

I'm proud and I would rather be stuck with 40fps than be called a n00b...haha just kidding. Yeah, that was going to be my next step, but people on these forums tend to be very helpful. Thought I would just try it.

Got it fixed...If you go to network and change the netspeed from modem to LAN/T1 then it let my fps run freely, heh. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Akumu X. It seems that this is a common problem over at a ut2k3 forum I found (not official).

Hey, at least you didn't get stuck with this.

art.jpg

I'm runing a 9500np (not overclocked or anything) Athlon XP 2500+ also not overclocked and PC2700 Ram and all of a sudden I get artifacts. It worked fine for a day. I loved it, then this... Then again the motherboard is becoming a genuine piece of **** now and so I think that's what the problem is (I'm gonna post this in a new tread). IDE Channel 1 is dead on the mobo and I think the AGP 8x is screwed up too. It runs crappy video cards fine but any 8x cards, artifacting.

Hey Zash.. Does it still get artifacts when set to AGP 4X? Also what kind of power supply are you running with that setup? I had to upgrade to an Antec 430W (from a 300W Antec) to run my system stable when I got a 9500Pro

Hmm, I would suggest starting all over again. Format your hd and reinstall the drivers for everything. I mean if you are stuck with that, its worth a try.

Back