• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best fan/heatsink for a 2.4 p4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolffvet

Registered
I currently have a 2.4 pf and have successfully oc it to 2.7. My problem is heat!! of course. I am using a coolermaster with the heatpipe. What would be the best solution for me? I am willing to go water cooled

A well built water cooling system or one of the better manufactured ones will give you the best temps, although there are heasinks out there that do very well.

If you're using the Coolermaster IHC-H71 that is one of the better heatsinks out there and if you want much better your going to have to go water. If you don't mind spending a bill or so, i'd go water either way. Quieter and cooler.

Spend some time in the water cooling section, and check out the stickies. You're better off buying the parts separately, no one kit seems to have the best block, rad, pump all together. Best block is the LRWW, get the largest heatercore that will fit, and do some research on pumps.

Back