• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS3 Vs Ceramique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big_bertha

Has anyone here personally used both AS3 and Ceramique?

I don't care what the reviews say since they are either bias or screw up in some form or another.

What do you guys think the better of the two is?

from all the news I have collect over the time this has been out I hear that the difference is 1-2*c, but the main thing that sets it out is that is is much more solid, and will not run like ASIII

ceramique it's GREAT... order it a few weeks ago, and have test it for a week now.... pass temp cpu 50-53 idle / load now temp cpu 38-43 idle / load... I recommended...... :D

Albreck said:
ceramique it's GREAT... order it a few weeks ago, and have test it for a week now.... pass temp cpu 50-53 idle / load now temp cpu 38-43 idle / load... I recommended...... :D

Ceramique itself wouldn't make that much of a difference, its probably that plus a combination of reseating the HSF, it perhaps could have not been making great contact before beacuse those temps you had were pretty darn high for idle.

I am using Ceramique myself, and I did see a 1 or 2 degree drop, but I'm sure thats because I cleaned out my HSF at the mean time. It is a lot easier to apply though.

I'll have both AS3 and Ceramique in the near future.. although I might not be able to test it side by side yet cause none of my PCs uses the XP diode.. I might try though

I use the Ceramique as well... I lapped my sink down pretty far and together they contributed to a 5c drop in idle temp. It's also more consistant than the AS3... I definitely prefer this to AS3.

I was using Antec Silver (supposedly the same as Arctic Silver III) and just switched to Ceramique. Little to no temperature difference. Maybe 1C higher.

Application wasn't bad, it's much thicker.

I use ceramique over as3 all the time. All the reviews I read about it have it going about 2-3 degrees lower but the main thing I like about it is there is no chance of electricity going through it.

I have personally seen no appreciable difference in temps since applying the Ceramique. But I have been out of town for 8 days and weather has been changing a lot since then; not to mention that I have not tried to do any accurate testing (as usual for me;))

But I concur with the ease of application comments.

Depends on how 'elite' you want to act using AS3. AS3 is good for non-mobile applications, as after setting in, temps are better. However, ceramique is good for longeavity, and moveability. They're very comparible, meaning almost identical, yet for different applications. If you do get the ceramique, make sure your application is thin.

-Frank

FWIW, I wrote to Arctic's tech support dept. asking which they reccomended. The reply was very carefully worded as they obviously didn't want to dis either product.

'Each is better for different applications' type stuff.

However the letter seemed to imply that they felt Ceramique was slightly better for attaching a heat sink to a CPU, and it costs considerably less.

They also seemed to be dropping hints about some new product they are working on that would be better than either Ceramique or AS3, but I have some doubts given the posts I've seen here to the effect that even a 'perfect' grease would only drop the average temps a degree or so.

Gooserider

I swapped from ASII to ceramique a few weeks ago in all 3 of my systems (a P4 1.8 laptop, tbird 1000, and XP2400+) I have not noticed any temperature reductions, however, I did notice that the ASII had begun to run down the processor in the tbird. Ceramique is much more dense, and it is way easier to apply. I would go for the ceramique. One added bonus, it's not conductive at all - no metal in it - so you don't have to worry about sloppy application. It's good to have that piece of mind.

i've read some reviews on ceramique vs as3 vs the antec stuff. The as3 was pretty much on the same level as the antec stuff, just a bit better, i'd say about 1c cooler. The ceramique was reported as being 3c to 4c cooler then the as3. I have as3, but i just ordered my new system (rig #1 not built yet) and ordered some ceramique with it. For such an inexpensive product to be able to cool 3c-4c cooler, it's for sure worth getting without a doubt.

Back