• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paying for shipping on RMA's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

well lately I came across a broken NF7-S that I bought fro mnew egg and had to use 10 bucks on shipping to ship it back, I know it's not the vendor's fault that a product is broken.. but is there a better solution to this? putting up with 10 bucks + 2 weeks longer wait just because I got a defective product :mad:

They didn't offer to reimburse you or your newegg account? That's always been common practice with the vendors I've RMAd with. Never RMAd with newegg before, though.

Never have either with newegg, but in a lot of cases, they check the item out first, and if it does prove defective, they remburse for shipping.

I think some online vendors argue that if you bought an item at a local OfficeMax and it turns out to be defective once you brought it home, OfficeMax doesn't pay you for your bus fare or gas to bring the item back for an exchange.

My recommendation is if you're going to buy something that has a higher defective rate, go with a vendor that has better RMA policies.

cool, on their RMA page they said that they wouldn't because they a store doesn't reimburse the trip over, but I e-mailed them and Newegg said they would reimburse up to 10 bucks!

yeah go newegg! woo

Back