• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Check out my sig for my machine, also it is not overclocked right now.
Idle 38
Load 50
Load is measured while running two instances of prime95, on each logical cpu. Also all abit boards read temps high, so you are probably ok

twenty6 said:
Just wondering what is your temp according Hardware Dr. for IC7 owners. I'm particularly looking for aftermarket HSF not stock Intel. I think mine is kinda high with MCX4000.

twenty

Well everyone knows that the Abit boards are over-reading temps from between 5C - 15C. sometimes more...

There are debates going on about this everywhere...

I am using a Zalman 7000 alcu and getting

46-48 idle (warm room)
63.5-65.5 load

@ 3.257Ghz

I suspect mine are off by at least 10c

Im pretty much the same. 2.4c @ 3.25Ghz with 1.6vcore. Temps run up to 60C load and 39C idle. I have a MCX4000 heatsink as well and I'd hate to think what the temps would be on the stock HSF. However my case needs to be looked at to provide better airflow.

I'm running [email protected]. When running Prime95, my temp goes up to 67C, sometimes 69C. MCX4000 with Evercool 80MM fan blowing 32.4 CFM. I'm assuming the MCX4000 is crap despite all the reviews or maybe my fan is holding me back. I dont feel like buying another HS to see if the MCX4000 is the problem. I reseat the HS 4 times with similar result.

I think I'm gonna get another fan that blows more air and go from there.

Something seems odd to me. My cooling is in my sig. Before I got the P4 adapter plate for my water block, I was using an all copper CoolerMaster HSF. Load temps were 62 - 63C at 3415Mhz and 1.6V. Now, with my watercooling back up and running, my load temps are 42 - 43C with 1.65V at 3.6Ghz. The H20 temps seem very realistic to me... But, the aircooling temps seemed VERY high, I lost 20C between air and water. Does anyone use an HSF that uses the 4 holes in the board as opposed to the stock clip? Im wondering is there is an issue with the stock mounting mechanism in regards to the amount of pressure it is exerting on the CPU.

my 2.4C @ 3.6Ghz temps are as follows:

42C idle / 54-58C load - SLK-900 w/ 92mm Y.S. Tech fan

Back