• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Groaning Gf 4 Ti Cooper Cooler???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceWilly

I got this cooper cooler for my Ti 4600, It works great and what the hell i got the Blue LED as well. Only prob is when i start up my PC it groans like it is rattling or rubbing against something. I shake my case a little and it stops. Its a real nuisance, and i cleaned it out and stuff but i still don't know what is causing the sound. Anyone else had this problem?
THanks

Yeah they aren't, I checked all that out, and made sure the wires were fastened out of the way. Its gotta be something else.

I used to have this problem with a lot of BX chipset coolers, most of them were old or defective....

I'd say, return it and get a new one.

Cheers, Flix

yeah my gf4 does that too the buzzing and the hitting... its the ****ty fan they put on it.. id just take it out and point a regular fan at it.. thats what i do.. works great

I've got the same cooler and the same problem. Someone on this forum mentioned that they did an RMA because of the same issue... I'm getting mine done as well. Just waiting for the replacement parts to come in now. I'd suggest you do the same.

Does it have a plastic cover on top?
I got one of those Thermaltake or Thermalright ones for my GF4, always get those two mixed up, anyway it had this plastic cover which covered the entire heatsink and fan. The fan was touching the cover so I removed the cover.

There is a clear plastic cover that goes over the heatsink, but not the fan itself. I don't think there's any contact between the cover and the fan, but we may be talking about different products... I was not aware that Thermalright made a GF4 hsf.

Back