• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New IC-7 revision?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slaught

Hi, just saw that swedish website on the main page that shows the ic-7 with a bigger heatsink. Does anyone know if this will be a newer revision mobo, or just the heatsink upgrade?

This is the link btw:
Thx,http://www.64bits.se/recensioner/ic7-g/index2.php#1

Im gonna get one, but need to know whether to wait a couple more weeks or not.

thx

I'm the one who wrote that review.

It's not a new revision, the only thing that will change are the HSF (as far as I know). The heatsink are more than twice as big and the fan is much quieter than the old one. Then new fan spins at around 5000 RPM at max and the old one rotated at about 7000 RPM. This new solution is MUCH better than the old one.

sweet, thanks for the info.

Hope its soon, my AMD just blew up on me, so im stuck with my laptop until I buy my P4 rig. Dunno how long i can last without some BF1942, Vice city and generals lol :D

The heatsink are more than twice as big and the fan is much quieter than the old one. Then new fan spins at around 5000 RPM at max and the old one rotated at about 7000 RPM. This new solution is MUCH better than the old one.

Any idea if Abit will also make the fan change on the IS7?

Well even if the release date is soon, it will take a good few weeks to get into circulation wont it?
Dont think i want to wait that long really.

If there is a new revision that happens to come up in the next couple of weeks you could always buy the IC7 now play with it a bit then sell on ebay and get the newer one later probly at lost of only $50.00 .

unfortunately im a student, and cannot afford to waste away my money like that :)

Well like all first version motherboards, a few things could be better, i mean some are reported as reporting temps too high and such.

And generally a newer revision is gonna be a better investment anyways, bugs ironed out etc.
But i think im going to order the ic7 anyways, looks like a good board.

Back