• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lol willl this work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metalthrashingm

Registered
ok im a newbie to cooling. will it work if i use thease little 120 volts fans there like 3 inches .but put out air major big time. i mean they can barely sit up when there on. can i use them. if they dont vibrate to much and will it make a big differece

well there cheap cause some store is closeing them out i was going to put on in the boteem inlet of pc maybe outside case blowing in. and have one at rear top blowing out.lol i dont care about looks or noise i have a train that come buy all the time and i rather here my fans over the train.

no pics i tryied to find them on web they look like 3 inch fans big ac motor and metal shrould around blade

Well, a fan doesn't know where you put it. If the fans you have seen are sized appropriately and you are comfortable with the noise/airlow properties there is no reason you can't use them. You will have to come up with (AC) house current wiring connections for them, as they will have nothing to do with the DC output of your PC's power supply.

This will have the fortunate side effect of unloading the PC's power supply. Fans normally consume a small to moderate amount of 12V DC output from the supply, cut to zero, of course, by the use of the AC fans. It's not a huge factor in most cases but really large or powerful 12VDC fans can impact the power supply in some cases.

lol they was like 9 bucks now there 1 25 cents if they still have em my oc.ed pc runs hot as hell but stable as hell .but its needs 1.825 volts to be stable its a amd xp 2100=200x12

yeah ive wondered about that to if thats the case ill use ducts to cool it like hook the ducts to pc and have fans away from it may even put the intake duct near my ac. lol my gf is going to freak ill just blame it on her ill say its her web surfing casueing pc to overheat and that folding dont strees cpu

Back