• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

px845pev pro and 6/1 divider? help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobbo82

Hi all, i am a new member of this forum but i've been following you for some months..

at first sorry for my english (i am italian :) )

The first question i wanna ask you is that:

I got an albatron px845pev pro and a p4 2400 c1 SL6EF able to reach 185 fsb at 1,750v... the prob is that my mobo is not stable because from 166 fsb to 200fsb the divider is 5/1 and i am able to select 6/1 divider only by setfsb in windows. That means that px845pev pro supports 6/1 divider, but in facts this divider is bios-unselectable.

IS THERE SOMEONE ABLE TO MOD THIS BIOS TO ENABLE THE DIVIDER SO I CAN RUN 185 fsb and 6/1 from boot instead of running setfsb every time??

bios is this:

http://www.albatron.com.tw/images/product/it/mb/BIOS/PX845PEV_GEV_Series/PX845GEV_Pro/45pgv109.ZIP

it's an award bin

If some one can do that please, help me!

thanks a lot at all

NookieN said:
This board has an AGP/PCI lock. Just lock it to 66/33 and you shouldn't have any problems.

The boards AGP/PCI has been giving alot of us PX845PEV Pro users trouble. In fact when enable setfsb would actually just show the multiplier (6/1) or whatever was used to get the AGP/PCI bus within spec.

It hasn't given me any trouble on my 845PEV Pro. I've run everything from 160 to 205 FSB without problems.

on mine fix doesn't works in fact if i lock agp/pci at 66/33 i can't be stable over 175fsb thing that don't appens if i manually set with setfsb 6/1 divider

i explain

if i set 185 fsb and 66/33 fix i'm not able to do super pi 8 megs
if i set 185 fsb and 66/33 fix and change it to 6/1 divider in windows i am rock solid with every test included super pi 32 megs and prime95

that means that fix doesn't accomplish their target

Bobbo check the long thread about the PX845PEV Pro in the Other Motherboards section. You will lots of great info about the AGP/PCI lock and ways to fix it.

NiTrO bOiE said:
Bobbo check the long thread about the PX845PEV Pro in the Other Motherboards section. You will lots of great info about the AGP/PCI lock and ways to fix it.

Ok, i'm going to read it

Bobbo82 said:

IS THERE SOMEONE ABLE TO MOD THIS BIOS TO ENABLE THE DIVIDER SO I CAN RUN 185 fsb and 6/1 from boot instead of running setfsb every time??

Command Line options

-w[00-99] : Wait [sec] default=10sec
-s[000-999] : Set FSB [MHz]
-m[0-9] : Mode 0=normal(default) , 1=ultra
-i[00-99] : Increment [MHz] default=max
-p[3-6] : PCI divider

You need to run it each time the computer starts.
I have a shortcut in my startup folder that looks like the following:

Example : Wait=5sec, Set FSB=185MHz, PCI divider=6
"C:\Program Files\setfsbU15a_px845pev\SetFSBu_PX845PEV-800.exe" -w05 -s185 -p6

Thanks-abo333

Re: Re: px845pev pro and 6/1 divider? help!!

abo333 said:

Command Line options

-w[00-99] : Wait [sec] default=10sec
-s[000-999] : Set FSB [MHz]
-m[0-9] : Mode 0=normal(default) , 1=ultra
-i[00-99] : Increment [MHz] default=max
-p[3-6] : PCI divider

You need to run it each time the computer starts.
I have a shortcut in my startup folder that looks like the following:

Example : Wait=5sec, Set FSB=185MHz, PCI divider=6
"C:\Program Files\setfsbU15a_px845pev\SetFSBu_PX845PEV-800.exe" -w05 -s185 -p6

Thanks-abo333

thanks a lot for that but a modded bios would be best!

so i'm gonna use this!

I've tried modding the BIOS before. It will be hard to do since it's a hybrid/mixed bios. It's a mix of Phoenix/AMI. I was using MODBIN6.

NiTrO bOiE said:
I've tried modding the BIOS before. It will be hard to do since it's a hybrid/mixed bios. It's a mix of Phoenix/AMI. I was using MODBIN6.

that told me why modbin can't open those bins

According to SetFSB the AGP-PCI lock does not work on my board either.It simply picks a divider but doesn't lock it at 66/33.

Back