• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metalthrashingm

Registered
what can i use to attach a hsf to mt video card and chipset.is there anything i can buy at say a hardware store or autoparts store i cant order online to get that artic silver stuff i need something local

well, if you want a local place, what is your location? we would have to now were you are first to recommnd a good local store.

just create a thread called. "anyone from XXXXXXXX please post here"

we have no pc stores at all here.lol im more or less wondering if there is a other product that may work. im in lagrange ga usa btw.small nothing town lol lol the pc store didnt even have thermal grease then he told me that he never uses it lol

Lagrange, GA.. god I feel sorry for you. Use superglue on the four corners of the chip. Should work fine. Or use JB Weld, that's what I did. mind you, it is PERMANENT, and you have to have it weighted together for over 6 hours for the bond to stick.

-Frank

rofl i hate it here. i was bourne in clevalnd oh. rasied in ft lauderdale this is so differnt here. im sure i scare thease people but they scare me more .

Well for the video card if you have a cooler that has the pins you can just use them. But what I would experiment with would mixing 1 part epoxy with 30-50 parts of thermal compund. You should be able to get enough cooling along with plenty of strength. You may need to change the epoxy-thermal compund ration around.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back