• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometeia as a GPU Cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrSpanky

do u think it would be posable to MOD a Prometeia the first one or the mach 2 as a gpu cooler or gpu and video memory cooler?

i was thinking u could mount the cooling head on the gpu but.... how would you seel it air tight?

also u could probbly make a big copper block that covers all the memory and gpu then mount the cooling block on to that, but the effectiveness would be worse cause its not makeing direct contact with any of the bits any way give me your views

or maybe i could just build a phase change system to cool cpu and the video card in the space of 2x mach 2 cooling units

cause i have 1415 pounds to blow either on a new pc or makeing changed to my current pc well what are your views

i think u should upgrade to a asus n-force2 motherboard 512mrg pc3500 ddr ram and a 1700+ overclock it good and a radeon 9800 pro

u will love that system :)

That's quite overkill and it would be much better to put it on the CPU really.
Having said that, it would be a good "proof of concept" mod :)

If your were heavily volt modding like a radeon 9800 or an FX it might be almost worth it..........I'd just go with water and some pelts..........

im thinking of something extreamly stupid and money wasteing to do im thinking of not going back to college next year to start working and build my self a sweet machine i was thinking useing all the money i currently have and what i can work for get 2 mach 2's and 2 lian li 60b cases fit the cases next to each other with side panels take off so u can reach between each one then phase change cool the grapics card an cpu then water cool the north and sound bridge and hard drives sounds like a crazy idea but i might just save up and do it

or i can continue at college for another 2 years and get a better job. ahhhhh i cant decide

i have so many ideas and so many options

I'd go to college as soon as possible, but life is always complicated. Do what you feel happy doing. :)

If you have money to burn I sugest a massive RAID array :)

i would suggest going to college

-and-

buying a 9800 pro instead of cooling your mx440 with a prometia :rolleyes:

i dunno what to do i have priced up a new computer that i can afford, i can get 1000pound working through the summer and add that to my current 1400 i can buy a prommy and a kick *** cantawood system with out skinping on any thing

or i can save all my money up get a job and build something totaly extream and waste all my money :) and i would be happy doing that but not going back to college will limt the job i can get in the future so by haveing fun now could screw up my life although it would be fun wasteing all that money

You could do a lot of backpacking through Europe for that amount of cash, and I would guess you wouold remember it for longer than a "kick-arse" syste, but it's up to you. I take it you should do a "Is this setup good?" thread in Gereral Computer related Discussion then.

Computers are great, but when you are going sacrafice education and the rest of your life, for a faster system now, that's just going too far.

in 2 years that system will be bottom-line, no matter how hard you O/C it.

I haven't seen a Prometeia as a GPU cooler yet, I have seen a vapochilled gpu though. It really is overkill and is something just for bragging rights. A watercooled pelt block (Swiftech MCW50T) will do just fine.

if you are looking to waste money... you could just write me a phat check... and put it in the mail. then ill spend it... and ill tell your stories on what I used it for. :D

if i do stay on at college and get good results do u think im going to get a good job with my hair style? u think any propeer bussiness would give me a job lol

grunjee said:
Yeah man if I were you I'd cut the hair and get going with college. In the end it's the best thing you can do.

No need to cut hair once you are in college though.....

Back