• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual-channel lovin'!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theflyingrat

I'm looking within the next few weeks to replace my 4-month-old Albatron PX845 PEV ProII. It's been a great board, and I've been very happy with it, but I'm selling it to a buddy's brother who is going off to school soon. He's getting a college system, and I have the itch to abuse my poor 2.4b even worse than I already do, so I'm looking for a good, fire-breathing dual-channel DDR motherboard.

The good price point right now seems to be where the Intel 865PE boards reside.

Now, I need at least 1.625v to run my CPU where it's at right now (2.93GHz.) I had been hearing that many of the Springdale motherboards were limited to a mere 1.6v for overclocking. To me, this is unacceptable. Unfortunately, this isn't something many reviewers touch on heavily, aside from a few choice sites. So I'm wondering, which of the below boards definitely have at LEAST 1.70v available in the voltage options?

1) Abit IS-7
2) Asus P4P800
3) Albatron PX865 PE Pro
4) Soltek SL86SPE/L
5) IWill P4SE
6) Chaintech 9PJL Apogee

A friends old IWill 845PE board has some crazy stuff up to 1.95v... I'm wondering if the P4SE is like this. I'm thinking Abit's options are pretty complete, too. Any experiences?

Since bios 1006 the p4p800 supports vcore up to 1.95 (i.e. more than enough)

A couple notes: This board overvolts to the tune of ~.5v vcore. However the vcore also takes a hit under load pretty much negating that overvolt. so in bios setting of 1.7v would yield 1.75v at idle and 1.7v at load

This is all IME and YMMV but I've heard reports corroborating

Back