• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7 Beta bios for improved memory performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Manoj

Hi Guys!

I got a new beta bios from Abit today.

They claim that it will improve the memory performance.
New option "Game Acceleration - Turbo, Street Racer and F1"

I tried it and the performance was horrible.

However, when I complained to Abit about this, they said that their experience is different.

This is what I was told today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Manoj Mahtani,

It is inconsistent with our test results,
below are the devices we test,
CPU:3.0G C
Memory:COSAIR CMX256A 3200LL x 2
AGP:ATi 9700pro

Sisoftware Sandra 2003 Memory Bandwith Benchmark
Turbo:4883/4885
Street Racer:4988/4967
F1:5006/5008

Quake III Arena Demo1 640x480 (Audio Disable)
Turbo:390 fps
Street Racer:409 fps
F1:415 fps

we don't know about what's wrong with your horrible scores,
can you write the devices you use and how do you set and your scores?

Jarry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the beta bios I had first had a problem if you use phase cooling.

Today Abit sent me a new bios which solves that problem.

Works great now.

Now my Sandra memory benchmark at default clock speeds, DDR 400 at CL 2,2,2,5 is 4950 mb/s

With the previous 1.3 bios I was only getting 4650 mb/S

:D

Ohhhh.... I would like to give this BIOS a go.... My current Mem benchmark is 5721... Can you please email it to me???

Well I couldn't use the Turbo, Street Racer, or F1 settings as it just wouldn't post... I relaxed my timming from 2-3-3-7 to 2.5-3-3-7 and still no go.... I might try a few more... But set on auto I'm seeing better memory bandwith...

Cosair PC3500C2 @ DDR 440

1.3 BIOS @ 2-3-3-7 5,715/5,720
Beta BIOS @ 2.5-3-3-7 5,882/5,885
Beta BIOS @ 2-3-3-7 5,908/5,898

I'm still testing out some other setting... I'll post my results..

I've just broken 6K on my memory in Sandra... I'm able to run at 178 stable now... Also I've tightened up my timings to 2-3-2-7... I can't run any faster than that at DDR 444.... I also don't have a volt mod on my IC7 so I can only supply 2.75v to my RAM with the current undervolting we are all seeing... I'm going to post my scores very soon.... I have to find a place where I can host pics...

Woot found one.... Here are my Scores...

Sandra.JPG

Last edited:
Well I'm back and flashed. Just tried the windows-flash proggy, and color me impressed!

Kudos to Abit for that one, just point and click from windows, point it to the .bin and reboot! I'll be back with my results here after some testing, so far everything seems about the same.

Thank you for that BIOS !!!

With identical settings as before, my Sandra mem score went from 5648 to 5875.

Suh-weeet!

Enjoy guys!

If you need anything to complain about the bios, just let me know and I will inform my contact at Abit.

I am happy with the bios too.

Pentium IV 2.4C overclocked to 3.82Ghz (318mhz fsb and mem at 3:2)

Sandra memory score = 6282 mb/s and 6283mb/s

Previously with 1.3 bios I was only getting 6150mb/s or something.

I will test in 3DMark soon.

hey guy's is this any different than ic7_14.bin? I just got that one in my email and also just snagged the one here. I may just try both and see, but would be nice if you kind fellows could fill me in.

Back