• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron Support is stumped!!! (On Board sound not working)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Justin@JDM

Registered
Okay after a couple days of pulling my hair out and newgroup reading I finally called Albatron tech support. My on baord audio is not working. Under Windows XP it shows no audio device. After resetting the bios through JP1 and going to device manager and looking for yellow ! marks. He thinks its my Radeon 9600 Pro. He says it may be the DV?? conflicting with it. Please can someone help me I spent all this money and have no sound!!!!

TIA,

Justin

Enable onboard sound through the BIOS. If it's not listed in windows it's MOST likely because it's disabled in the BIOS. By the way, which board are you using?

I'm using the Albatron PX845PEV Pro, I didn't see an option for onbaord sound, did you see one?

Thanks,

Justin

turn your pci bus freq down. those chips are pretty sketchy at almost anything other than 33mhz.

do you have a pci lock? or if that is not the case you can always throw down minimal $ for a decent pci soundcard (herc fortissimo III and turtle beach come to mind.

anywho... good luck with that.

Back