• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 cpu/ram ratios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thecondor

If anyone with an IS7 series board would be kind enough, I would like to know what all memory ratios are available if you are running a 533 fsb cpu.? I read in a review you can only clock the memory down at 200 fsb. Is that also true for the 133 fsb cpus? Thanks in advance.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you (I'm using a 1.6a in my IS7-E), but I do have a question. What kind of CPU temps are you seeing? My board is reporting far in excess of actual temps, at least 20c over most of the time. Running the same CPU in 845D chipset mobos (BD7 and EP4BDA), I never got over 59c under load, but I've seen over 80c with the IS7-E. I'm wondering if they all have this issue, or maybe mine just needs an RMA.

I borrowed a highly accurate thermocouple from where I work that has a micro tip on it. I attached it to the edge of the CPU, a 3.06, with thermal tape. I took readings at idle and full load.
Here is what I got in deg. centigrade
Idle 52 winbond 37 thermocouple
Load 67 winbond 48 Thermocouple

The thermocouple temps are close to what I observed when I had this chip in a ASUS P4533.

What I don't know is how close the heat spreader is to actual cpu temp. I think pretty close.
Also, I don't know if the cpu starts to throttle down at 69 based
on the winbond temp or the internal cpu sensor.

Any ideas.

The IS7-E I'm putting together reads WAY high too, but Intel states that throttling starts at 90C by the internal temp sensor....the Winbond POS is just an interpreter of the internal sensors output voltage....obviously its WAY wrong...:rolleyes:

On the memory ratio question....you can have any ratio the board has available by setting the CPU strap to 400/533/800...

I believe the ratios are 3:4, 4:5, 1:1, 5:4, and 3:2

Rocinante said:
I believe the ratios are 3:4, 4:5, 1:1, 5:4, and 3:2
Yes, those are ALL the available ratios. What ratios you can access are dependent upon the CPU and/or bootstrap setting, so it differs. The IS7-G review over at [H] lists each of them.

Back