• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Online website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hi,

I've heard lots about newegg, but they're prices are a little more expensive compared to others. I'm wondering what you guys have found to be the lowest prices out there.
Please post a link to the site if possible, I'm trying to save as much $$$ as possible (cheap student<-------)

Thanks

froogle is pretty good at finding good prices, just crosscheck everything with resellerratings

Iv found lost of good stuff with Froogle. Although definetly check wether the company is reputable or not. I almost ordered a stick of ram from someone then checked out them on reseller ratings and found that they send out fake ram. Thankl Goodness for ResellerRatings.com theyve helped me alot.

The absolute lowest prices are not always teh best way to save money- always make sure you have found a reputable vendor before paying for anything.

There are sometimes vendors that show prices far cheaper than Newegg, Monarch and SVC (and more- those are just a few examples) but have bad reseller ratings.
Don't spend a dollar to save a dime ;)

if you want low, then just check pricewatch.com then visit resellerratings.com to see if its worth ordering from them

What I found out is you won't find a vendor that's the cheapest in everything. Some have cheaper heatsinks, but others have cheaper fans. So it really depends on what you buy and whether the vendor is able to stock up those items at a good price.

Use price comparison sites like Price Watch (there are tons out there, do a search at Google) and find the items you want. And remember to check the vendor's reputation! There are vendors on Price Watch who have cheap prices, but A LOT are rip offs (they take your money and make you wait ages before shipping them out, since a lot of those "questionable" vendors don't actually have the items in stock).

I think esit hit the nail on the head. When I was searching for corsair ram I found googlegear had the best price out of all the vendors I trusted. But when I was searching for a sound card, I found newegg had a very good price on an OEM Santa Cruz. There is no one store that has prices that are all lower than another vendor it just depends on the item. Also you have to take into account shipping costs and make sure that the price is actually lower with the shipping included.

Back