• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Heat Sink & Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have alpha 8942 on my 2.2a with a panaflo h1a. The thing is, the vantec tornados are so damn loud. So i figure dout this combo which is very good for my 2.4c rig. slk900u with a 92mm panaflo L1a. The 92mm L1a puts out more cfm and less db then the 80mm panaflo h1a. I think i made a very good choice with that combo, with db's being in the 20's and cfm in the 40's, it's a damn good combo to use.

Personally, I love my Zalman 7000cu.
With 1 stick of ram, my 2.40C went all the way to 3.40 GHz totally stable and very quiet.

I refuse to put up with the noise some of these high-speed fans put out.

The Zalman 7000 cu is rated very highly in all the reviews for its combination of silence and performance.

Now, I'll be looking to add better cooling to the northbridge, in the hope of getting to 3.40 with 2 sticks of ram
:D

If you're not having any temp problems and you are not trying to overclock any higher than you already are, then I see no reason to spend the money on a new HS/F.

What I should of mentioned is that I'll be picking up a 2.4C or 2.6C and hope to OC that CPU. Just wanted to check so I could swap HS at the same time I put the chip in.
Suppose I could always get a higher CFM fan and try that 1st if I have any temp probs.
thanks,

Mike G

Back