• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One bad compressor!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ONE

I just got my compressor today, it's out of an upright freezer.
All it cost me was a few hours labor. I spent 4 hours removing it from the freezer, but I removed it entirely in-tact with both coils. The evaporator coil wraped the entire 25 cu ft compartment and coiled the underside of all four shelves in the upright.
The condensor coil also wrapped the entire compartment just separated from the evaporaor coil by three inches of fiberglass insulation.
Unfortunately I can't read the label, It has some black hard goop over most of the label.........it really looks like under coating I will attempt to clean it later.
After taking a short break I decided to fire it up and wooooooooohooo!!! ice was forming in just over two minutes, after ten minutes the whole evaporator coil had a layer of ice about 1/8 inch thick and this was outside in 78 degree temps.
All I could make out on the label was-------
high side 235
low side 140
110 volt
4.7 amp

:D

four4875 said:
sounds like you got a nice deal. gonna make a water chiller out of it?
I'm going to use it for a homemade phase change setup, I'm currently building a case that will house everthing including water cooling for GPU and NB.

i remember seing a very good guide/step by step on a chiller/phase. it was very neat and tidy and you may be able to take a few ideas from it;) will re post when ive found the link.

Turando said:
i remember seing a very good guide/step by step on a chiller/phase. it was very neat and tidy and you may be able to take a few ideas from it;) will re post when ive found the link.
Please do, I haven't seen any like that...........especially all in a one piece case.

ok ONE ive found a few pictures but send me to hell i cant remember whos they are lol , maybe they will see it and give us some insight, very very nice setup by the way.

Richardphillipsresized.jpg

completerich.jpg

Im001121resized.jpg

CHeers, Turando

Back