• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this PSU enough for a TEC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

parallax

here´s the link to an enermax PSU... 26A on the 12V rail for the 350W version (impressive btw)

http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-01.htm

do you think it will handle a 226w TEC? what about 2 tecs (226 + 80W) for the 460W 33A version?

thanks in advance

edit: i´m talking about this as a second PSU just for the TECs and some fans

Hello

There have been numerous disucssions about is XXXX PSU going to power my XXW Peltier?

Not meaning to be blunt but using the search function should bring up lots of threads about PSU vs TEC, including a few stickies.

The search button is along the top row of them

The answer is Yes it will run the 226 Watt. BUT it won't run it very well for very long. Your temps will suffer as well.

L337 M33P: I searched first (as i always do) but couldn´t find anything, I even browsed the whole extreme cooling section :)

Skoob: thanks... I think i won´t use it then, too risky I believe:p

now something else... what about using that 460W for the 80w peltier and the whole system? nothing special about it, 1 hard drive, 2 cdroms, p4 2.6c, some fans

80 W on the CPU or the Vid card? I think most will agree that its not good to run a system with TEC on the gpu and no TEC on the CPU because the heated water will just heat your cpu even more. I'm not sure if the 80W will be enough power for the cpu though. Its probably better that if you decide to go TEC, use it on both the CPU and GPU or not at all. I destroyed some good hardware messing with TEC's :( and I was very thorough on the preparation as well. They also require alot of power to run correctly.

Back