• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Bad Bios Flash , Need Some Help Here....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dancing_Priest

Hey All

I recently ordered a 1700 paly from ebay to go into my iwill kk266r. I knew that to support the xp I had to update the bios. So I went to the iwill site and downloaded the latest bios (its been out for a while now) . I double clicked it and trasferred all the files from the folder it created onto a floppy disk . (awardflash and the bios .bin file) . I restarted the comp and went into awardflash , I selected the kkr1022.bin file and hit enter , it then proceded to load. It then restarted with a "BIOS checksum rom error". It loads awardflash as before but now it wont allow me to select the bin file , well it comes up as before but when I hit "return" to load it nothing happens.
Now my question is simple , how do I get It running again , Can I even get it running again?! By the way I'm usind xp , so i cant get into the dos enviroment from the start up disk

Cheers In Advance
Dancing_Priest

Sorry, dumb question.. did you remove the floppy when you restarted?

(don't laugh.. a friend of mine did that. It would reboot and reload the floppy.. he thought he messed up his board. took out the floppy, booted right to windows...)

Nope , Im afraid that I only after comr back from pud to check email , am quite drunk. But no the floppy is in the drive and allways has been. Would a respectabe compueter shop have the equipment to repair my damage ,and if so how much would it cost , bearing in mind that it is a relativly old board?
Chers an d Im sorry if I'm not totally coherent , but ive just finished my exams today and being irish , Al teensie weensey celeration was in order

Back