• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100+ A7N8X Deluxe @ 200fsb??/?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Has anyone been able to get the A7N8X Deluxe with a 2100+ and PC3200 memory to 200/400fsb?

Heck has anyone gotten any processor memory combo to 200/400 with the A7N8X Deluxe?

I got the famous corrput BIOS at 195FSB...so be careful and make sure you have a backup BIOS chip just incase...even if it is the new rev 2.0....and this was on a rev 1.04 deluxe...

my rev 2 deluxe was running at 205. This is with the bios that shipped with it, default memory voltage, etc. The memory is Corsair 3500, and the cpu is a Tbred B 2100. I say "was" running because just this morning, it wouldn't post, and it showed the cpu as an xp 1500. I reset the cmos and set everything up again. No dice-did the same thing. I then set the memory/fsb at 200, and it booted right up. That bothers me, because I bought expensive memory and a good board so I could run high memory speeds. I'm worried that the fact that mine now won't run at 205 means something is going out. In any case, rev 2 of the board is capable of running 200+ if the memory is good.

i've got a non-D 1.04 and corsair xms 3200. i was only able to get up to 197 before i popped off the NB applied some AS3. immediately afterwards i was able to hit 200 fsb.

Personally I just dont think the a7n8x boards are capable of reaching high FSB's, there have been some lucky few who have though. I'm at 197 stable. 200 is stable in SANDRA and Toast but not in prime95.

I heard the ABIT NF7-s are good boards capable of high FSB's out the box, thats why im getting one.

Last edited:
Actually I have a 2100+ at 23xxmhz (I forget where I ended up) at a 202mhz FSB. Stable.. Been running that for months. I have 1 stick of Corsair PC3500 512mb. No Volt Mods..

N.E.R.D I dunno if you want to mess with your board or not but before I would buy another Mobo I would try a volt mod for the Asus. If yah do that then you can get 220+ fsb easily.

Atari said:
Actually I have a 2100+ at 23xxmhz (I forget where I ended up) at a 202mhz FSB. Stable.. Been running that for months. I have 1 stick of Corsair PC3500 512mb. No Volt Mods..

N.E.R.D I dunno if you want to mess with your board or not but before I would buy another Mobo I would try a volt mod for the Asus. If yah do that then you can get 220+ fsb easily.

nahh i'd rather not, my cpu maxes out at 2.26ghz anyway, no point increasing my FSB unless i really wanted that extra memory performance which i prob wont be able to tell
.... besides im getting a new mobo so i can give this mobo and cpu to my other rig which has a P3 733.. its bout time that got an upgrade :D hehe...

For this rig i'll be getting a NF7-s with T'bred 1700+ and hopefully i'll get higher clock speeds with this CPU

I was able to run 207 FSB stable with no mods of any kind. I'll mod the northbridge heatsink eventually.

N.E.R.D_BOI said:

nahh i'd rather not, my cpu maxes out at 2.26ghz anyway, no point increasing my FSB unless i really wanted that extra memory performance which i prob wont be able to tell
.... besides im getting a new mobo so i can give this mobo and cpu to my other rig which has a P3 733.. its bout time that got an upgrade :D hehe...

For this rig i'll be getting a NF7-s with T'bred 1700+ and hopefully i'll get higher clock speeds with this CPU

Hrm, you should be able to get that higher with your current setup. Have you tried lowering your FSB into the 180's and uping the multiplier?
I've had mine over 2400mhz and apperantly stable but it was running too warm for my comfort level.
Currently waiting on an SLK 800 to arrive in mail, teamed up with the Tt SF II I'm hoping to get back up there.

Chillin at 200*10 right now. I don't really feel the need to go higher, I am perfectly content at 2.2GHz.

macaddict311 said:
Chillin at 200*10 right now. I don't really feel the need to go higher, I am perfectly content at 2.2GHz.

Good for you! I unfortuantely can't seem to leave well enough alone:D

um, isn't 200*10=2000?

epauls said:

Hrm, you should be able to get that higher with your current setup. Have you tried lowering your FSB into the 180's and uping the multiplier?
I've had mine over 2400mhz and apperantly stable but it was running too warm for my comfort level.
Currently waiting on an SLK 800 to arrive in mail, teamed up with the Tt SF II I'm hoping to get back up there.

yep tried every combo, i don't think the FSB has anything to do with it, its just my CPU maxes out around 2.26GHZ @1.85v.. just one of the unlucky few :(. hoping i'll be luckier with my 1700+!! Either way, my p3 deserves an upgrade, it'll surely get my 2100 and a7n8x.

Back