• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need massive help with my motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok I called Chaintech today to see what they thought might be wrong with my mobo. He told me to try the stock HSFand see if it would start up. I did and it did but as of right now I can't boot in to windows. My question is how can I fix it so the mobo doesn't ground out. I used the little washers that came with my MCW462-UHT and still nothing. Also mods if this is in the wrong thread please move it wasn't really sure where to put it.

What makes you think your board is grounding out?

You need to fill us in on what exactly is going on in your situation... more info please.

well if it is grounding out somewhere, the solution is quite simple, take it out of your case :) test it outside your case, say on some cardboard.

but yes, i too would like to know what your situation is, perhaps its not grounding thats the cause?

I think he means when he has the water block standoffs in the baord will not start because its grounded. If it is in fact being groudned, then when you start the computer the fans should start to spin, and then immeditly stop because the psu will relize it and then cut power. But if it booting just fine but coming to a blank screen instead of the post screen then its not grounding out.

If it is grounding out then make sure your standoffs aren't touching the mother board, IE use nlyon nuts, and some washers between the board and the standoffs.

If it isn't ground, but not booting, then maybe you don't have the waterblock on correctly and there is a thermal protection on that motherboard to stop you from killing the cpu. Which would cause it to not boot.

Ok here is how it went. I added all the little washers swiftech sends with the waterblock and I cut the metal behind the zif socket out. No wetal was touching that I could see but when I went to start it, it would kick on for about 2 seconds then shut down. So I replaced that with the stock cooling and it would boot til it said Windows is starting( as in getting ready to format and install). Everytime I tried to boot up thats as far as it would go. So I called Googlegear about it they gave me a RMA # and it will so be on it's way.

Back