• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16watt pelt go0d for ... ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

would that be any go0d for cooling either a ti4200 gpu, or a north bridge ? i can get one for £18 so was just thinkin of a use for one, also what kind of cooling would the pelt require ? small heatsink / fan ?

lol, well im new to these pelts, and im learnin fast that 16watts of raw pelt power aint alot then !!!
thanx for the replies guys :)

Even the original 486/Pentium heatsinks that came stock with a fan and P had some 20/30w ones.

That's useful for nothing but playing around with :\

errr....... why are u going so small when a 220W Potted Peltier will set you back only 30 quid? i take it you are from the UK and if so that is the correct price. or if u are after something smaller get an 85W Potted Peltier for 20.

Cheers Turando

DRaZZ said:
well i found an 80w pelt now, only £20 and brand new, what heatsink would i need to cool an 80 watt ???

An 80 Watt pelt is not enough for a modern CPU. You risk burning your CPU up trying it. 172W is about minimum for any meaningful cooling.

i know an 85 watt pelt aint no go0d for cpu, if i wanted one for my cpu i wud get atleat a 220watt, but that wud mean water cooling, im after a smaller one so i dont have to water cool, thinkin about my g card and nbridge here !!!

Back