• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fic Pa-2013

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

punisher2k3

I have a FIC PA-2013 motherboard, when i try to run 3dmark 2001se it doesnt work (AGP Card). i put in a PCI card and it worked fine. the agp slot doesnt seem to be bad because i can run games on it just fine. i was wondering if someone had the drivers for this board or knew of a place that i could get the drivers. any help is appreciated.

punisher2k3

I've got two of those boards. They are notorious for instability, especially with regards to the AGP port. You can use any of the latest VIA 4in1 drivers, up to and including the new Hyperion drivers, they are available at the VIA Arena, an offshoot of the VIA website, your chipset is the VIA Apollo series. Neither of my boards is truly stable with an AGP card, any AGP card I've tried. Despite it's supposed reputation as a good board, a stable board, and a good overclocker, I've had bad experiences with all three of my PA 2013 boards (I ditched the third one). I've had several CPUs with them from a 380 K6-2 to the current setup, a 550 K6-III+. Good luck.

Savage1

Wow, someone actually has a K6-3+ 550! The Holy Grail for socket 7 diehards.
Actually, If I could buy one for what they are really worth, rather than the wildly inflated prices they command, I'd have use for a couple.

Though I've never actually used one, I've never read much good about the 2013.

What cards and what drivers are you using for video?
When 3D Mark "won't run" with the AGP, what exactly happens?
What Windows are you using? What card was installed when you installed Windows?

am using a tnt 2 pro. it was the card that was installed when windows was installed. when i start 3d mark it says its loading the first benchmark and then it hangs on a black screen. im using the current nvidia drives. its an amd k6-2 500, 192 mb sdram 100mhz. thats about all i can tell. the new hyperion drivers didnt seem to work. thanks for the help this far.

punisher2k3

Oh man is this a blast from the past or what? I had a va-503+ with a K6-3+ 450@600 until I killed the cpu :(. I bought a K6-2+ 475 later and sold it. I still work on it though, from time to time.

With regards to the AGP slot, the pa-2013 was notorious for not being able to deal with the current draw required at the AGP slot. If you are playing games and it's working, try some of the old via drivers to see if it helps. Sometimes 3DMark can be picky about drivers. Also, you might consider a BIOS update, which may or may not help (especially if you have the terminal BIOS, lol). I have some old 4in1's, but not sure if they are what you are looking for (4.27, 4.28, 4.29). I can't remember offhand what drivers were out when the pa-2013 was out in the market.

punisher2k3 said:
am using a tnt 2 pro. it was the card that was installed when windows was installed. when i start 3d mark it says its loading the first benchmark and then it hangs on a black screen. im using the current nvidia drives. its an amd k6-2 500, 192 mb sdram 100mhz. thats about all i can tell. the new hyperion drivers didnt seem to work. thanks for the help this far.

punisher2k3

Okay, try this:

Go back to the Windows certified driver from Nvidia, around a 28.32. Try the 4in1 4.37 VIA drivers. And, if that video card has a fan on it, connect the fan to the power supply rather than allow it to draw power through the AGP slot. The AGP slot on a PA-2013 simply will not pass much current. If possible, use either 98 SE or 2000 for an OS. Most often, 95, plain 98, and ME do not get along well with the PA-2013. Also, you may have to do some adjusting in your bios. There are several adjustments for the AGP system, you'll just have to experiment. Also, see if you can run 3D games with your AGP card. The 3DMark test may simply stress the system beyond what it can do, but games may actually run without problems. I never had much luck getting 3DMark to run on my PA-2013, but some games were okay. At the time I was fooling with mine, I was a closed beta tester for World War II Online (I'm a hard core wargamer and combat flight sim nut), and I was trying to get it to run that game well enough to actually play, despite the system being well below the suggested level.

none the suggestions seemed to work. does anyone have the 98 drivers for this motherboard??? i would like them to be the ones that shipped with motherboard. thanks for the help this far.

punisher2k3

Back