• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[best] CPU fan --- :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoodGuy

Registered
hey fellas currently running a vantec tornado and im quite sick of its noise levels (55dba). Sounds like a vacuum cleaner all the time.

However the fan pushes 84cfm...I am basically looking for something that will cool my AMD just as well or close enough and be much quieter.

Currently I have a 1.47ghz 1700+ overclocked to 2400mhz and it runs at around 55c idle. This is all underneath a thermalright slk-800(a) w/ the 80x25mm vantec tornado.

Any thoughts or inputs would be great.

gg

That is very toasty. You should be much lower than that with an 800 and a tornado. Your volts may be too high (to the CPU) and/or your have poor case airflow. Try lowering the volts and improving case air flow (round ide cables, etc.) before going to a lower spec fan. If this fails lower your OC or use water cooling.

That temp is a little crazy but as to the fan I would try the Thermaltake SF2, It's about 10db less than the small jet engine you have now and pushes 75 cfm at full speed. I use it on a slk800 and it works great.

ehh the temp seems fine to me, when it was stock it was at like 35c, bumping a chip up 1000mhz isnt exactly a small jump lol

im gonna go with that SF2 fan i think, been hearing a lot of good things about it....

yeah the SF2 is great, but ur temps r way too high! i have my SF2 runung only at 3500rpm and my FULL LOAD is only 43C, and im runing at 2.3ghz, u should really look into either ur BIOS reading high? or your heatsink seated wrong?

try reseating your heatsink, that is too high for an idle temp....maybe at full load, but not with a tornado....

OMG!!11eleventyhundred.

Everyone knows u sh00d get teh R0lls-R0yse Olympiz 2 kewl it.

;)

water cooling lol...

the price it costs for the water cooling setup defeats the purpose of overclocking a chip to me.

CamH said:
I love my tornado. :p Loud music r0x0rz.

ROFL!!!

wtf peeps, tornados arent that bad, remember they are the loudest but also the WIDEST fans around, both 38mm fans, that and a reobus can make still a kickass quiet solution (im doing it right now with my multipanel :D )

quiet??how can it be quiet??with a reobus u can control the rpms, but when someone oc's for real generally can't afford to pull back some rpms for silence...the tornados are just the best fans around for cooling, but they are NOT quiet ;)

Back