• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which old abit board is it that was the good OCer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmigoThree

Wasnt there some Abit board that was a good OCer in the old days. I am thinking BE6, BH6 or BF6. Which one was it? Or am I going grazy?

Anyway I got computer that has a BH6 in it with either a 333mhz or 400mhz celeron from my aunt that I am supposed to upgrade and I will probalby get to keep the old motherobard proc and ram, so I was curious.

BE6 II was a great old time OCer...had a 350 running at 550 on it and a 900 celery socket 370 (sloket) running at 1.2 on it before the NB finally gave out on it...lasted about 2 yrs...

I'm almost certain it was the BH6 that had the reputation for being the king of overclocking boards, hence a number of reviews of the BH7 saying that it had one hell of a name and reputation to live up to.

I owned BE6, BE6-II and BX133-RAID mobos, all decent OCers. The BE6 has limited fsb options though, and my BE6-II and BX133 boards died after about 2.5yrs, from bad capacitors. :(

The BH6 was the original king. Lots of peeps including me had the ol' faithful Celly 300A running at 450+ Mhz on this mobo and then I got a Celly 566 and used a slotket adapter to run at 850 MHz. Then the BE6 was released which was supposed to be the new and improved updated mobo, but it had a few too many bugs. So, then Abit quickly released the much better BE6-II which was another all time classic overclocker. Therefore, the BH6 and the BE6-II were both great overclockers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. Would it be worth my money to upgrade the celly 333 that is in it now and put in something like a celly 700 or PIII or whatever the highest it accepts is?

AmigoThree said:
Thanks for the help guys. Would it be worth my money to upgrade the celly 333 that is in it now and put in something like a celly 700 or PIII or whatever the highest it accepts is?
I wouldn't suggest spending too much on hardware that old, but you may be in luck. I just checked pricewatch and saw that an OEM Celeron 850 is only $35-40. Many of them OC'd to 133fsb/1130MHz without issues, so that might be a good chip to consider. Of course you'll need a "slotket" to go with it, which will run about another $10. You might want to get one that has voltage jumpers on it, and flash the BH6 to the latest BIOS rev first.

If you can find a super cheap Celly 566, 600, or 633 then use a slotket and run that sucker at 100 FSB (850, 900, 950). If you have the Celly 333, then many of those would overclock to 500.

be6 II rev1.2
i have my p3 1000 oc to 1300 but the board will not last long. after about a year, i see some juice coming out from the caps.

I think I was lucky then...I got about 2yrs use out of my BE6-II...if I do remember correctly...mine was a rev 2.0 becasue it had raid...

Ya, the BE6-II was the best slot-1 mobo ever, imo. Though I had one that died, as I mentioned before, the other one is still going strong, in fact I'm posting this using it. It's had a slot-1 coppermine 550 in it for 3 years, running at 825MHz/150fsb, stock cooling and 1.7vcore. :)

Back