• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need instructions help w/ AS Ceramique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Totti

OK I read the instructions from their website:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique_compound.htm

But I still have a few questions since I haven't attached a cpu b4
1) Can I use this for a Duron?
2) I am buying a used Duron+hsf+mobo, the seller took these apart. How should I clean the cpu and hs first?
I only have 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.... I need higher purity stuff right?

The site said: "low residual solvent (High-purity isopropyl alcohol or acetone will work)" for cpu and "xylene based cleaner, (Goof Off and some carburetor cleaners) acetone, mineral spirits, or 99% pure isopropyl alcohol" for heatsink.

What's the easiest stuff to buy? Can I get it from safeway or Shopper's drug mart?

3) Do I need to apply this stuff to the part on the heatsink that will come into contact with the cpu? But then wipe it off afterwards?

4) I don't need to spread the compound for a AMD cpu? So just put a small dap about the size of a grain?

5) Where should I store this stuff for future use? Room temp ok?
And I need to hang it vertically so the cap points down?

And any other advice or pre-cautions for a first timer please :D

Thanks!

use it with any cpu. Clean the core with an alocohol swab. Then take one of those clear plastic lunch bag things and smear the ceramique or as3 over the core and then you're good to go. Also, you'd have to order it online. Room temp is ok. Apply the compound to the core of the cpu.

BTW, Welcome To The Forums

Totti,

1) Yes.

2) 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol cleans better than 70% and is available at better drug stores. You may have to ask for it at the pharmacy.

Goof Off and acetone are available at hardware stores. If you use either of them, always follow up with isopropyl alcohol.

3) For best results, be sure to tint the heatsink with Ceramique prior to installing it.

4) With a Duron, you don’t even need to spread Ceramique. Just put a dollop about the size of ½ a grain of rice in the center of the CPU die. A little twist of the HS once installed per the instructions is all that’s necessary.

5) Store Ceramique tip down at room temperature.

Colin Thompson
Arctic Silver, Inc.

Back