• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some cooling mods :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Welp, this is what i worked on today, have a look, tell me what you think.

http://home.insightbb.com/~campbellmb/Dsc00086.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~campbellmb/Dsc00085.jpg

Added Ram Sinks from Thermaltake ram kit of stuff that was left over attatched with AS epoxy

Removed old HSF from Ti4200 and added Volcano 9 HS with Speeze 50 CFM fan attatched to core with AS Epoxy

I was actually quite supprised, I ran 3dmarks 01 before mod which scored a 10096, then I ran it after with the same tests and it scored a 10291

I haven't done any OC with CPU or GPU yet, just all stock speeds.

If you look to the right of the massive HS on the GPU you can also see I added a HS to the South Bridge.

Forgot to add, I only put ram sinks on the top of the card. The card actually has 8 chips, (128 meg version) but i figured with the chips sitting right on top of each other i would only need to cover the 4 on top, drawing up the heat from the others...also some space issues.

Wow, I'd be hideously afraid to do something like that.
Are you worried about heat cycling and the tensile stress due to the weight of the block weakening the expoy?

Nice job with the RAM heatsinks, though.

im not really worried about the weight of the block. I asked around a little bit and read other peoples posts. From what everyone says, AS epoxy is some very strong stuff. From what I understand once you put two things together they aren't ever going to come apart. The HSF doesn't really weigh a whole bunch, maybe a few ounces more than the stock one. As far as heat recycling, I have pretty good case flow so its going to get sucked out, plus the side blow hole is drawing in cool air right over the AGP slot.

Back