• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Wall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoJoMoJo

Ok cant beleive im @ a wall or maybe my expectations were too high. Either way though I would like some input. With a P4 2.8C and an Asus P4C800 with OCZ3700 Dual Channel Gold I have done the following which only smacks me with a lock up when I try to go into windows...@ 250fsb no matter what I have done with the below.

Ran the dram ratio @320 down from a 1:1 which is 400 in the bios

Raised the Vcore from 1.675 to 1.75

Memory @ relaxed timmings 2.5-4-4-8

The whole time my cpu temp does not go above 28c with the mobo sitting @ 25c. With relaxed memory timeings, increaseing the cpu vcore, and maxing out what the available options for memory voltage is 2.85 everytime I try to enter windows lock up on desktop loading. Should I really be happy with this?
As I am writing this im @248fsb 3.472 gigahertz with a 1:1 memory ratio @ the fasteset timmings. I just think there is alot more potential and dont know where to get over this.

Wall

Looks like your in about the same boat as me. I have a P4 3.0 with the P4C800 board and I get the same results. Your a bit lucker though you get that high on the fsb, mine won't go above 210 using the 400 setting and craps at 229 on the 320 setting.

3.42 is the best I can get and still pass the Sandra and Prime tests, especially the Sandra. Keeps failing the math test on the second run, so if your getting 3.42 on a 2.8 your ahead of me...

Love your temps, mine run 31-32 idle and 46-49 loaded, but then I am still on air. Can't figure why mine won't post when I go above 210 @400.

Good luck and if you find the answer be sure to post it here for me will ya, no one else is talking.

yes I dont really know but it just seems by the way the thing is acting ..... not reacting to lower or relaxed memory timmings the cpu is actually at its max. Im just curious and dont know if I should invest in the powersupply for the 226watt peltier I have. Id hate to blow the cash on it just for it to do nothing. My system will post @ 260 but no way it will make it to windows currently.

a 3.5 aint bad...sounds like u hit the limit of your cpu.. using a pelt, well im not sure.. i tried a 156 watt on my my 1.6a northwood and it helped about 10-12c. is it worth it? only by trying will u know.. but i will tell u my northwood didnt run any faster with the pelt...

Back