• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Thermaltake volcano 12 is born

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well looks like it would perform a lot better than the Volcano 7+ I purchased and then replaced mine with an slk-900u, but hey the V7+ isn't going to waste. A while back I read a post here about someone attaching an old AMD heatsink to a radeon 9700 pro, I'm working on modding my V7+ to fit onto my card right now. Already got the holes drilled in the fins (like the SLKs) so I can mount an 80mm instead of a 70mm on it (actually using SLKs 80mm fan brackets that came with the 900u) cause there just sitting around. Now I'm working on drilling holes through the V7+'s base to attach it to my gpu ;). Gonna take up all but 1 of my PCI slots hehe, but hey I only have a sound card so no biggy ;) too bad I'm leaving tomorrow, so I won't be able to finish this for about a week or so.

Back