• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lets see your nf7-s!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AdvanS13

kinda generic boring thread, but i still want to see em:)

here is mine. notice the white plastic box taped to my case and a fan taped on top to cool the southbridge:eek: ....my way of temporarily cooling and avoiding, the voiding of warranty incase i need to rma it:D

DSC00043.JPG

You're supposed to put it in slot 3 first according to my manual. That's how I set up mine and it's working fine.

Last edited:
Here's mine. I'll have you know sliding this thing out with a running monitor on top of the case was a pain :p

I haven't sat down and cleaned up the cables since I installed the board. It'll look better later. Notice the old Epox NB heatsink on the southbridge lol. It gets warm, believe me!

case_inside.jpg

Audioaficionado said:
You're supposed to put it in slot 3 first according to my manual. That's how I set up mine and it's working fine.

i was told slot 1 gives the best results for overclocking...per someone on the abit forums. something about being able to run higher fsb. although, im only at 183fsb...so not like it shoudl matter.

....mines working fine too

yea, you might want to get that cable away from the fan:) ...nice hd setup:cool:

Mine does 200/2200/1.65v rock stable but I had to back it off due to too hot summer temps. When I get a better cooler or temps cool down this fall, I'll push it back up where it belongs :D

If you decide to run dual channel DDR, you put 'em in 1 & 3 slots.

I'll get a pic up just as soon as I clean up the embarassing tangled cables inside.

hmm, i'll try to get my digital camera working in XP (crappy jam cam, no support after windows 98 :( ). also, i have to clean up the wires before i take a pic, i wouldn't want you guys to see my case all messy :p

yea im happy with the board so far. i had to rip off the aluminium tab near the ps/2 mouse port it was bugging me.

still need to fix my jerkyness in flashpoint game:(

Ok I redid my cables/drives some, I was inspired since I had somewhere to show it off :p

I also switched my RAM to the opposite slot...no difference IMO.

case_abit.jpg

Hey, I just ordered the NF7-S rev2 (couldn't wait for the damn EPoX 8rda+ rev2) so maybe I'll post mine when I get it.

I got mine today from Newegg and on the box it was listed as version 2, so I was quite happy.

But now, I'm sad. I finally had time to open the box up and take a peak and it's version 1.0 on the board.

Make sure you're reading the correct area on the mobo. Go to the Abit site and find the BIOS update howto area. There's a pic of the label.

It's a white tag that says version 1.0 on the board near the PCI slots and there are no holes around the processor to mount the heatsink I just bought... hehe

Edit: Think I should send it back and get version 2?

Yeah you got v1.x. If it came in a v2.0 box, maybe you can get it RMAed if it wasn't a refurb. Did Newegg say it was going to be a v2.0?

no, newegg will not guaranttee stepping or revisions ever. just try to get it RMAed thru newegg. if you do it thru abit, they might just send you the same one back....

Back