• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit 865 ownage ! Look

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOHNNYGATE

Registered
Abit 865 Ownage

I’m gathering that the non ecc of the 865 makes it faster the the 875. And Abit eclipses all other brands! Long live Abit..... Notice the beta bios. Is the reason they pulled the bios because It completely out performs the 875 ?

The link is for mainly ram and doesnt show a real comparison on the motherboards but how they work well with the different types of ram. Am I missing something?:rolleyes:

Tread

tread70 said:
The link is for mainly ram and doesnt show a real comparison on the motherboards but how they work well with the different types of ram. Am I missing something?:rolleyes:

Tread

Yes the FPS is the real world performance of the board. The Abit's in general are tops. But the Abit 865 score the best scores. "All graphs on the following pages represent performance numbers from Quake 3 Arena. The "/timedemo 1" benchmark was used. " So this is real world performance for the most part. I am on a Quake League in one of the top clans. I know everything about quake, (humbly) and quake is the best test for cpu and ram and motherboard. Open GL at a resolution of 640x480 is all software and NOT video card dependant (mostly I will add). So Needless to say I’m happy with the Quake results.
John

nodsetse said:
For the most part I like my new IS7-E, except for the temp readings. 50c from a cold boot, and 87c under load! :eek:

Yea whats up with that? Did you see the negitive voltages? the -12 V reads -7.65 or something and the -5V reads -3.23 about. I even changed power supplys......

JOHNNYGATE said:

Yea whats up with that? Did you see the negitive voltages? the -12 V reads -7.65 or something and the -5V reads -3.23 about. I even changed power supplys......
What are you using to check those values? I'm just looking at the BIOS, + voltages look fine and they don't show - voltage. So yours is indicating insane temps too? What does your BIOS report for CPU temp?

Back