• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newer then a newbe wants to stress system!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cadd_Bitch

Here's what I got, what can I do with it, nothing is overclocked, but it all wants to be? Where do I start and what should I expect to get out if this?

Gigabyte GA-7VAXP, VIA KT400 chipset Mobo
DDR333 PC-2700 512MB
AMD ATHLON XP1900+ (not yet unlocked)
Thermaltake VOLCANO 9
Microsoft Windows 2000
VGA LEADTEK Geforce4 TI4200 128M / VIVO
350W ATX powersupply

Thanks for anyhelp!!

You might want to check out the CPU Database on the front page, as I'm not sure of the overclockability of the 1900+.

Your RAM should probably get well into the 180's though..

Try This burn-in program if you want to test your system.

We have a section of the forum devoted to this program, called the Folding Team. If you have any questions ask there.

See you there :)

here's my advice

you can change the multi and fsb and get around 2100+ or 2200+ to my knowledge, but look after your cpu temp also. Mine got a 2000+ and same mobo as yours and bios is f13. So don't forget to update your bios also.
according to your ram you can go around 150 or 160 (according to my theroy) and multi around 13 or 14. but don't have clear idea to use that higb fsb and multi at the same time. so use one at a time and see. Any way your com specs are way over to overclock and as another member mention don't know your cpu weither will allow to go high. but after all we're here to taste or cpu's best so try it but don't fry it (lol):D

Back