• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vehbi

Registered
I am going to buy an Asus A7N8X Deluxe v2.0. I have some very quick questions:

1- Is Asus able to unlock all the TB processors without modifiying the CPU or the CPU socket? What is CPU Throttle?

2- Does 2 way voltage regulator cause any stabilty issue while overclocking the CPU? or is it safe enough like Abit NF7-S's 3 way voltage regulator?

3- What is the best recommended timing settings for Corsair XMS3200C2 3202v1.1 memory modules?

I will be purchasing this mobo today, so your answers will be appreciated?
Thanks

1. it's supposed to and i believe most ppl manage to get 12.5 and lower without modding the cpu/mb

2. ??

3. u can look that up on their website i believe

Thanks Login211,

I have searched on the Asus web site. No information about CPU Throttle at all!

So it is certain that I can get any multiplier with Asus A7N8X v2.0 without modding CPU/mobo.

Asus boards use 4 MOSFETs instead of 6 as is the case in Abit boards. 6 MOSFETSs help dissipate the power more easily. This MOSFETs provide regulated CPU voltage. Having 4 MOSFETs cause more heat to be absorbed by the solid state elements.

Back