• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KK266 freezes at 133fsb but runs fine at 100mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

Im thinking that the north bridge heatsink isn't making good contact with it anymore becuase it freezes like crazy when i try to run it at 133fsb but will run fine at 100.

So im gonna go ahead and change it, or apply AS epoxy to the existing one.

you mean my main processor? one of my 1600's I swiched out everything on that board, the only item (that can be changed) left was the NB HS wich I replaced today, It ran for 8 hours (@ 133fsb) without freezing until I bumped it just a few minutes ago (laying on mini fridge in my room) then it froze up so I stuck a blanket under it and restarted it....

uh no... the chip is locked, the chip is running at default speed with default voltage and only hits 35C full load (probably 40C since its the in-socket temp reading)

mine freezes whenever you touch anything in there too. i have no idea why. can be as little as touching a power wire goin to the cd rom

Back