• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

most appropriate ram??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedmo

Hi,
I own a KT4V + 1700+tbredB combo. I currently use them with kingston 266mhz 2x128 rams and I can see 160 - 163 fsb at most. I believe that my bottleneck is my rams. So I thought buying one of the following will cure my problems...
-- 333mhz corsair (256x2)
-- 400mhz kingston (256x2)

well the problem is KT4V only supports 333mhz rams for dual channel and I probably couldnt use 2x400 on my mobo.

Which one do you think is most appropriate for my system?

I would buy a 512 MB PC3200 and run it by itself, this way if you upgrade to a new mainboard in the future you have some good RAM to go with it.

That is my opinion... we welcome yours.

I'd go with the Kingston 2x400 (PC3200). I have two 256MB sticks of the HyperX series PC2700 RAM in dual channel and they run absolutely perfect. You can specify the CPU:Memory ratio in most recent motherboard BIOS settings, so that means you can essentially underclock the 400MHz Kingston RAM to run in sync with your FSB, maximizing performance. Then when it comes time to upgrade again you'll have some 400MHz RAM for the new 200MHz FSB Athlons. Get the Kingston 400MHz memory.

mwsku is right .....kingston is a well known and repected as well as for upgrading abilities of the RAM with the 400 fsb is ready for the upgrade with the new chips

Back