• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another worthless THG read...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKeefe

Tom's has a new article up about the Prometia Mach 2 case here. I thought maybe it would be interesting to browse, not that I'd even consider spending that type of money on cooling. They state that their goal is to reach 4.3 GHz on a P4.

After reading 27 pages (I really don't carewhat DivX compression they used on their video), I was absolutely amazed that... ::gasp:: a P4c at 4.0 GHz... wait for it... beats a P4c at 3.0 Ghz and beats a P4b at 3.06 GHz. :rolleyes:

Worthless benchmarks, obviously. No sh*t the same processor at 4 gigs blows away the 3 GHz clock. And they didn't even reach their goal.

Oh well, got to hear some interesting music in the video...

L337 M33P said:
THG are very condescending. I like their videos though - especially about the "what happens if you take a HSF off a CPU..."

I like that video also. As far as the benchmarks, what else would they compare it to? And 4ghz... I thought they would at least get to 4.2.

The entire review is full of untruths.. (lies).
For example: They claim that the Mach II can hold the CPU DIE TEMP (!!) at -37*C (!!). I have a Mach 2 , and not even idle temps can go that low!
Maybe if you would UNDERclock the 3.0 to 2.0 it could, but no way a 4.0 would reach that.

I have both btw, a Prometeia 1 and the new MachII and the difference in temperatures is only minimal. Maybe around 5*C cooler.

Other than that, it's nice to see a video about the mounting procedure, even though the reviewer obviously hasn't read the manual about mounting the motherboard standoffs ;)

You are a lucky man Vatt. How much of an overclock did you get with the Mach II? And are you using the Prometeia 1 as another system?

L337 M33P said:
THG are very condescending. I like their videos though - especially about the "what happens if you take a HSF off a CPU..."
Yeah, only someone as dumb as Tom himself would do something like that.

"Hmm, i have two toasters. I wonder what'll happen if i put them both in the dishwasher while they're toasting bread and see which one comes out alive!" :rolleyes:

Back