• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

11 Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godzilla

I've got a total of 11 fans in my system, and they consist of...........................

4 front intake fans,
2 psu fans,
2 rear exhaust fans,
1 side intake case fan,
1 cpu fan,
1 gfx card fan.

What you think of that guys? :cool:

Dont know how much difference its making tho lol

Very quiet system mind you, considering :D

hahahahahahaha

2, 120V-120mm fans pushing through the heatercore
2, 80mm front intake fans
2, 80mm side intake fans
2, 80mm PSU exhaust fans (one in each PSU)
1, 92mm fan pushing into upper PSU
1, 40mm fan pulling through shroud over my ram
1, 40mm fan blowing air across the top of my res.
2, 40mm fans inbetween my HDD's
1, 40mm on NB

all in all, a grand total of 14 fans

Could someone explain to me why would many fans be fancy... The crucial is that they perform well and circulate the air... Many fans just don't mean that the computer is well chilled.. I have Two fans.. One on my peltet Northbridge and one inlet fan... And the ambient temp in the computer is about 25 C...

/Norrko

Godzilla said:

Welcome to the No Classifieds Blue's

Don't hold your breath waiting to see the classifieds at 100 posts.

The majority of your post count are Smileys and spamming to 100 is not allowed and your wasting your time.

doa22.gif

Norrko said:
Could someone explain to me why would many fans be fancy... The crucial is that they perform well and circulate the air... Many fans just don't mean that the computer is well chilled.. I have Two fans.. One on my peltet Northbridge and one inlet fan... And the ambient temp in the computer is about 25 C...

/Norrko

I have that many fans right now just for the simple fact that instead of just removing the 4 fans that were on my heatercore before the 2-120's, i just placed them near the bottom of my case, 2 for side intake, 2 for front. I will be removing them, but not untill I buy a window A/C unit to put in my office (no central A/C, and only one window A/C unit upstairs in my kids room) my office is probably at about 90F right now, so I need all the airflow I can get in the case just to keep it running. temps in sig aren't accurate right now due to the extreme room temps.

Heh with that many fans why don't you just cut a massive hole in the side of the case and get a car radiator fan to blow in - you'd get a lot more CFM for about the same noise that way

lol looks like i lose with a total of 1 fan..... dang!! my pc must be so much crappier than yours with 11, whats all this hype about phase change when i could have just used 11 fans;););)

ps. why is this in extreme cooling??

Last edited:
lol, its not about the amount of fans if you ask me... but about the airflow

personally, i have only 8...
in my PSU, i have a 120 for intake from the bottom and a 80mm for exhaust

120mm exhaust on top of my case
80mm tornado on cpu
2 80's in the back for exhaust
50mm (?) blue orb
stock geforce4 ti4200 cooling

i keep my case open

pic of 7 of the 8 fans (can't see the graphic card) http://godd.no-ip.org/-=pics=-/me/computer_close2.JPG

I've got quite a bit as well..

2 on the PSU
1 on NB
1 on CPU
4 regular case fans
1 blowhole fan
2 sandwhiched on gfx card

12 :) i win

well.. 2nd to ghengiskhan

I have....

2 cpu fans (dualie)
1 NB fan
1 PSU fan
3 exhaust fans
4 intake fans
1 gpu fan

12 fans total.. and the system is pretty quiet.

I actually took one exhaust fan out, because i installed filters and wanted positive pressure. For a while it was 13 fans :D.

I think someone should cable-tie a bunch of 80mm fans together to make a PC case. A case made out of fans. I'm sure someone has enough time on their hands?... And fans...

Well boys, i guess i own you all.

I got 18 fans

2 front
2 up
2 back
1 bottom (my own little creation)
1 CPU
2 VPU (added another one for memory chips)
2 RAM
2 HD
2 side (blowing on CPU+VPU+mobo :) )

Back