• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KHA+ OVP Mod - is there one¿

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glock19owner

Is there a mod that will take care of the OVP (overvoltage protection) on this board?

If any of you know of this mod...please let me know...a working link would be great...

I am about ready to throw this board out the window because it shuts down when the voltage is set past 1.625...and don't tell me to get another board...this is my back up board until I get the NF2 board back up and running...

Thanks...

*BUMP*

Anyone...I found a link to this mod, but the link was dead...Anyone at all¿¿¿¿¿

Shutdowns at 1.625V doesn't sound right, the max stock vcore is 1.85V, and I've run an 8kha+ vmodded to 2.1V w/o any OVP shutdowns (although fan cooling of the mosfet/vreg was needed).

What is your cpu speed/voltage. You may be tripping the over current protection, but I doubt it. It must be the mobo, b/c I take it your cpu has seen more than 1.625V when it was with the NF2 board.
2.1_vcore.jpg

NeoGeo said:
Shutdowns at 1.625V doesn't sound right, the max stock vcore is 1.85V, and I've run an 8kha+ vmodded to 2.1V w/o any OVP shutdowns (although fan cooling of the mosfet/vreg was needed).

What is your cpu speed/voltage. You may be tripping the over current protection, but I doubt it. It must be the mobo, b/c I take it your cpu has seen more than 1.625V when it was with the NF2 board.
2.1_vcore.jpg

I am running a 1700 310 DLT...so the default is 1.5v's and the voltage only allows up to +.250 for default voltage on the CPU...this board is also going on 1.5yrs...back up...My NF2 is down for the count right now...and yes it was seeing more the 1.625...and I ran into the same problem on the 8RDA+ until I did the OVP mod...but on it...it would shut down after 1.75...once I did the mod on the 8RDA+...no worries...

If the voltage regulator on the 8kha+ is the same chip as the one on your 8rda+ then the cutting the same trace should help.

Here's a link to the chip/trace.

Back