• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk900u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

WTF, i just got mine in the mail, and the bottom is small, and doesn't look like it'll fit over the whole silver thing on top of the processor. Now i find out from their website there is one for the amd and one for the intel. Did i get the one that's for the amd? The site i bought it from didn't specify which it was.

nevermind, i didn't get instructions with it, but i looked online, and foudn out that black thing is the socket 478 adapter. My fault.

Mine for my 1700+ did't come with instructions either. It actually was pretty easy to put on.

this is weird, the bottom of the slk900u is small, where it's actually placed on the core. Now i know on a p4, the core is pretty big, bigger then the base of the slk900u, why is this?

should i use the piece of plastic that was with the X shaped thing that i install on the back of the motherboard? I also noticed there was a couple of extra peiced of things that the instructiosn don't say what's for, such as that long thing where you peel off to make the side sticky, the black thing, alone with the white squared thing where you peel off the side to make that side sticky. What are these used for? The instructions really suck online, let alone them not even shipping instructions. I'm assuming the plastic thing for the x-plate is so it doesn't short the motherboard from the x-plate's metal.

the white pad is actually four pads that you place on the four dots on the bottom of the HS-this is to protect the fragile AMD cores-the same goes for the otehr one but i dont know about placement. The pad on the bottom is to protect the mobo from shorting on the metal and presumably from the force placed on the solder points back there and such. Lots of washers where in the package but i just used plastic ones between the mobo and the metal pieces. This is for my friends setup-i just did most of the work(how did i get conned into that anyway)-we figured it out together before putting anything on.

P.S. About it not fully covering the IHS i dont think its too signifigant of an issue since it just has to cover the real core where that touches the IHS to do well-my reasoning: the aeroflow on my PIII doesnt cover the IHS and i never go above 29 load (its a 1.2 at 1.44 stock voltage). And the IHS will have a direct flow of air onto it unlike my aeroflow-the copper sticks out of an aluminum base about 1ml so there isnt any airflow or disipative contact to the uncovered part.

Back