• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg -- East coast warehouse now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
Has newegg expanded? Do they now have an east coast distribution center?

I had a newegg order sent this week, and checking the tracking from FedEx, it originiated in New Jersey rather than City of Industry, CA.

Have they grown? I certainly can't complain, order was processed Monday, I got the shipment Wednesday with free saver shipping.

fedex.jpg

Someone told me that Newegg was going to be starting a W. Virginia warehouse...they weren't too far off..lol.....this was a few weeks ago...proof is in the picture...will be nice for east coast people now...

phoenix111384 said:
i certainly hope so! things would arrive so much faster...no more waiting three days:)

I will still end up waiting. FEDEX has started holding packages now, if you order Express Saver they will hold for your package for those extra days and consider it "Not due for delivery".

The Jersey one isn't new. The last mobo I ordered(couple of months ago) came from that warehouse.

Its called drop shipping...

Newegg probably only have 30% of the items in stock at there facility.... The rest are shipped from distributors around the country... It cuts shipping charges and people should get things quicker..

Alot of distributors do this for free or a small monthly fee.

jabtek said:
Its called drop shipping...

Newegg probably only have 30% of the items in stock at there facility.... The rest are shipped from distributors around the country... It cuts shipping charges and people should get things quicker..

Alot of distributors do this for free or a small monthly fee.

I dunno about that, at least as far as Newegg is concerned. Every one of the hundreds of packages I've ever got from Newegg were shipped from City of Industry. I live about 10 miles from them.

Ralf Hutter said:

I dunno about that, at least as far as Newegg is concerned. Every one of the hundreds of packages I've ever got from Newegg were shipped from City of Industry. I live about 10 miles from them.

Thats exactly why you get things shipped from city of industry, because you are close... It wouldn't make sense to have them ship stuff from NJ... Newegg doesn't have multiple warehouses around the country, they have multiple distributors who are more than happy to ship things for newegg... Not every distributor will carry every product that newegg offers so sometime even if you live in NJ your things will ship from CA..

Just figure that if you buy a motherboard and live in PA, it would cost around $8 to ship from CA and only $4 to ship from NJ.

Back