• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phat szabo

Hey i am kinda new here so i will come out and ask what are the best overclockers and where can i get them? i got a floor fan ( i would rather have a compac fan.... its bigger) so i can keep it cooled and it is in a cool room so all i need now is an awesome overclocker

Welcome to the Forums! (and the insanity!)

But I have to tell you something: all you need is NOT an "awesome overclocker" ;)

If all you get is a great chip, many here will still do better with an average chip because they have the most important thing in overclocking:
Knowledge!

Knowledge is king- both in which chips to look for and what procedures to use to overclock a chip.
Also in what the risks are and overclocking IS risky!!

The best thing you can do (if you haven't already been lurking and reading a while) is to read, ask questions and LEARN what overclocking is all about and how it is done.

THEN you will know where to look for the information you need.

Enjoy :D

this is a seriously screwed up thread....but welcome to the forums...and by the way...it might be helpful to be a lil more specific in your posts....ahhh well at least your willing to learn:D

rogerdugans said:
Knowledge is king- both in which chips to look for and what procedures to use to overclock a chip.
Also in what the risks are and overclocking IS risky!!

that's where I disagree though knowledge is important good cooling will always win over good knowledge

pip said:

that's where I disagree though knowledge is important good cooling will always win over good knowledge

That's so wrong. Knowledge is king. Go get your speacial cooling and then buy some random 1700+ and get it to 1.7ghz when you could have had some knowledge and got a good stepping and a 15$ sk6+ and got 2.4ghz... maybe grab a Soyo KT400 Dragon Platinum for 150$ while your at it.. With no knowledge you can't make good decisions.. you can spend 1k$ and get the performance i could get for 200$.. and your awesome cooling is not gonna help you when you don't have the right components.

q149 said:

That's so wrong. Knowledge is king. Go get your speacial cooling and then buy some random 1700+ and get it to 1.7ghz when you could have had some knowledge and got a good stepping and a 15$ sk6+ and got 2.4ghz... maybe grab a Soyo KT400 Dragon Platinum for 150$ while your at it.. With no knowledge you can't make good decisions.. you can spend 1k$ and get the performance i could get for 200$.. and your awesome cooling is not gonna help you when you don't have the right components.

I meant when assuming the person has the average knowledge of a person browsing this forum

I'm confused. What's an overclocker.

Thanks. Spit beer on my KB.

ROTFLMAO

EDIT: Sorry...forgot to answer the questions.

and ask what are the best overclockers

The question really is: "Who are the best overclockers?"

and where can i get them?

Out here. Look around here a lot. It's fun.

Last edited:
Back