• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metalthrashingm

Registered
help me please 2 choose cheap hsf

well im sure some of ya all saw my other thread with my high temps. well i have a amd xp 2100 i like to run at 12x200 . i fold and well i need all the power i can get but. a course its summer and my temps are wikced high. i have a volcano 7+ it aint doing the job...please tell me the cheapest best hsf i can get i need cheap im poor this month i bought new mobo and cpu and other fun stuff ty for all input

well a good, pretty cheap one would be an thermalright sk-7 it should take 10C or more off your load temp, or a thermalright ax-7 if you move your rig alot, it has nearly the same performance as the sk-7. both are round 15-20 dollars then you need an 80mm fan for either of them.

Godzilla said:

Welcome to the No Classifieds Blue's

Don't hold your breath waiting to see the classifieds at 100 posts.

The majority of your post count are Smileys and spamming to 100 is not allowed and your wasting your time.

doa22.gif

I don't have an SK-7 but they are noted for good perfromance at a reasonable cost.

I do have an AX-7 and it works very well.

The SLK series (also from Thermalright) offer great performance for a bit more money, but they may be worth it for you ( I have the SLK-800)

Even if money is tight right now, I would suggest slowing the pc down if needed and saving the money for a top quality sink.

No instantaneous gratification but you will get better results.

If you have the money try an inexpensive water cooled system, air condition the room, or buy a Swiftech MCX-462.

Thank You,
Daniel

Is the processor a Palomino? I can't get mine to drop below 40C with normal air cooling, and it's not overclocked at all.

Back