• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i give up on temps with asus boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metalthrashingm

Registered
ok some programs says my cpu is like 70 c underload eevn more when im doing toast or something but aus probe says 41 c after like 1 hour a prime

yeah it would a lot better at that temp lol.even on the motherboard monitor web site the creature of mbm says this board has some sensers that are odd

Just gotta set up MBM to adjust for them. i have to set up two of my systems to read 10°C higher than what MBM normally reports because I know the motherboard doesn't read right. The only way to be sure is to put an external thermal probe up against your CPU.

its asahme asus dont get there act togher on this matter .woulnt be to hard .i love this board other then that.i had a kick *** oc going but had to back it down just incase it realy was that hot. had xp 2100 @200x12 now im at 200x11 . but its kewl it runs at 200x11 at 1.6 volts stable

What MB is it? On the A7N8X PCProbe reads the Socket temps. You can set MBM to read both the socket and the CPU diode temps. Check MBM site for setup info.

I'm a little confused on how Asus has to get it together. PC Probe gives you a realistic temp but nonAsus programs are giving extremely high temps... Seems like these other programs are the problem. Be it non compatable or setup error.

Yeah, I wish ABIT would do the same, although they don't even use probes! Just some math to guesstimate the temps.

well it aint near as hot as my voodoo 300 used to get man i used to touch the heatsink on that baby and it wasnt oced and it was so hot it burn ya instantly it last a long time that way was obeslete when i get rid of it

mbm5 and my bios read the same...so i guess i'll live with these 49-50C idle/59-60C load temp til i get a new hsf...btw, the system is stable running P95...still running it, tho...last known stable was 2315MHz with P95 for 13 1/2 hrs...i may try that for 24 hrs cause i've read that's a better indicator....

And you also have to realize that the probe that the programs are probably reading is beneath the CPU in an enclosed space that will get hotter. For you that temp may be correct right there but not at the die of the cpu.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back