• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

8RDA+ dead?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Friend put everything together out of the box

8RDA+, 2500+ and 512pc3200 buffalotech

presses on switch and nothing happens

should everything be sent back to newegg?

~need replies quickly~

Last edited:
Definetly make sure the HS is seated correctly and no extra MB stands are on the case backing...also you are sure the PSU is still good?

If your friend put it together...these are somethings you migh want to check just to make sure they didn't get into too big of a rush when installing it...

Also make sure he has the case wiring plugged into the MB correctly...

he says everything is hooked up right. He can get it to show FF if he connects the pins with a jumper and has the power connector in halfway

otherwise no codes

also "when i was reseating the ram i had it plugged in, and i had some clicking on the internal speaker"

unfortunately no, and he doesnt have any other systems that use similar parts.

-other system is a slot 950Mhz. cannot test the ram, motherboard, or processor.

-the power supply is a 300watt Antec- 160watts on 3 and 5 volt lines

-fans do not spin at all using normal power switch

-case fans spin when reseat the atx plug halfway in

Last edited:
if the lights come on the psu is working, make certain the power switch is connected right, maybe reseat teh cpu or try another cpu.
if it was ram or VC you wouold have warning beeps

~update~

-refurb mobo returned
-new 8RDA+ in its place

sameproblem as before!!!! it wasn't the mobo. i need imput guys.

Last edited:
Maybe he dosent know how to build a pc, or maybe he's using like a 150 watt psu.

I instructed him to unplug all of the drives and set the jumper at 100fsb.............still no boot

so i instructed him to find to find another power supply. He plugs in 120watt emachine power suppy......and it POST!!! seems like his 350watt antec died.

i told him to order a sparkle to replace it.

how the heck do you kill a power supply just upgrading. jeez.

I had that problem here at work. Brand new antec powersupply and an asus a7n266-vm the board would not power up no matter what i did. I tried and old 300 watt that was in the droor, booted up like a charm....Tried the antec in another computer and it also worked..so i tried switching back and it still wouldn't work...weird

Back