• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In a dilemma.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I know you are all probably sick of these topics, but bear with me please.

I am going to get a new motherboard mainly for overclocking. So, I have come up with these choices, and can't decide.

Epox 8RGA+: I like teh chipset voltage adjustments, and the back-up video

Epox 8RDA3+: I like the new stepping of the northbridge, gaurunteed 200mhz fsb

Abit NF7-S: I like the chipset voltage adjustments.

So, I'm thinking the Abit is kinda out here since the 8RGA+ has the voltage adjustments, and the back-up video. So, which of these do you think would be the best?

Thanks.

They are all good and all have the c1 stepping if you get newest rev... but i heard of some ppl had problems with 8rda3+ not sure what but read around amdforums and check everything out. You might also want to check out the 8rda+ Rev 2.

I have had no problems with NF7s rev 2. Regardless you should get the newest rev board. All the NF2 boards seems to have problems and the most secure would be rev 2.

Yea, I had the same dilemma, but I chose the NF7-S rev2.0 (get it at excaliberpc because they guarantee it's 2.0 and it's about the same price as newegg, plus you get discounts if you order more stuff, I bought an abit case badge, t-shirt, and rounded cables and the discount was like $20). I didn't want to risk not getting the rev2 of the rda+ and I heard BIOS issues with the rda3+...so Abit for me. Yay! :D

I say the Abit NF7-s, it is really stable and efficient. It is a very fast board. My friend went from the Epox 8RDA to the NF7-s and his 3dmark01 score went up just by switching boards.

I also recommend the Soltek SL-75FRN2 series, I have 2 of them and they are great.

3rd I would say get the Epox 8rda

But the NF7-s is the best of the 3 all around
But the Soltek can pull off the highest fsb's

I got the NF7-S revision 2.0 from excaliberpc.com

BTW, is this the same cowtipper from gamefaqs?

sandman001 said:
I got the NF7-S revision 2.0 from excaliberpc.com

BTW, is this the same cowtipper from gamefaqs?

Hey, so your sandman001 from gamefaqs. :eek: It just hit me...I did notice that you asked the same on the DOS/Windows board.

sandman001 said:
who are you from there?

Yea, I like to get lots of opinions on things.

Same...but I'm also GBASPtsl. I responded to your topic on Gamefaqs.

Back