• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x deluxe and ram issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaximumOC

Registered
I just put together a system and it seems to be a little out of place.. I have an a7n8x deluxe Rev. 1.0 paired with a JIUHB xp1700 .. I know from what I hear the Jiuhb's can do some pretty impressive oc's and I would like to push 2.0ghz out of it but it seems that when i boot the system with any pc2100 ram at 166fsb it hangs before xp can load.. would the ram be that much of a hold up on the board? I can get new ram so im thinking that would be my best bet. Ill put the new specs below so if anything can be improved I would like to hear also.

Asus A7N8X deluxe rev. 1.x with Uber bios
Xp1700 JIUHB 0302?
2x 256mb crucial pc2100
Radeon 9000 pro 64mb
431w enermax psu

PC2100 is 133FSB...so odds are you are maxing that PC2100 out...try some PC2700 (166) and see how it works...

it's obviously the ram

go for some pc3200 samsung or a brand name that is on the asus a7n8x website, this board is picky as hell about the ram u use

with that pc3200 you could try for the 200fsb, or alteast try to get close to it

gl

Well, im a newb to uber bios .. unlike my p4 board wich allowed me to increase the fsb in 1mhz increments ..this only goes by proc bus.. 100/133/166/200 .. Im thinking of corsair xms plat. but not sure about its issues on this board with that ram.. and of course i know the sammy is gunna be cheaper.. lmk

maximumoc set your system performance to 'user defined' under advanced chipset options, you will then be able to increment your fsb by 1s....

thx. im able to post and boot until the welcome screen loads at 169x 12.5 (2100mhz) so far so good .. plannin on getting some good ram once I know what to get.

Well, I would say go with Corsair or if that's too much cheeze, try the Kingston or Samsung or Mushkin. Do yourself a favor for the long run and get pc 3200 or higher...you appreciate it down the road.

bestbuy has a few deals on certain Kingston memory. that would be one way to go. Another could be crucial. They dont have the best RAM but its decent. Theres also a deal on that in cyber deals.

Back