• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X Voltage settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerblue31

Registered
Is anybody able to get the Asus A7N8X (non-deluxe) board to get near 200FSB, if so can people post what voltages they have theirs set to.
Currently i can only get mine stable running a xp2400 at 194fsb, 11.5 multi, chipset 1.9v, ddr voltage 2.9 and vcore 1.85.
By the way, the cpu, chipset and gpu are all watercooled.

A few questions:

1. Is it dangerous running at these voltages.

2. Could it be the power supply limiting me, sometimes the 5v rail drops to about 4.73.

The power supply is only a 450watt CWT, was thinking of getting a 550w Antec this weekedend, do you think this will solve my problem.

Appreciate the help guys

the standard and the deluxe board perform exactly the same... many ppl have gotten to 200fsb with standard version...

is cwt a good brand name? a good psu such as enermax or antec is essential for overclocking but 450w should be more than enough in any case so i don't see a more powerfull powersupply helping much but that 4.73 does seem a little low, i'm not sure since i don't know much about psu stuff... mine stays at 4.945 usually.... no need to get a 550W psu, that's extreme overkill, just grab the antec truepower 430W....

those voltages look fine....

the more the dimms the harder the oc, dual channel also makes getting to 200 harder

suggestions(in that order):
-agp freq @ 66
-don't use fan headers, get power directly from psu
-run in single channel mode(dual channel only gives you a 2-4% boost so it's no big loss)
-relax your ram timings

gl

1. The answer is no, its not and you may be able to get higher with more voltage 2.0 sense your water cooled
2.Every little detail could make a difference and it just may be your wire resistance on your molex you could do a wire directly to your mosfets (look for the 5volt rail mod) Try a volt meter and plug into your power supply to make sure.

what are the specs on your 3.3V, 12V and 5V lines? that will tell you if your psu puts out enough...mine are 3.3V 32A, 5v 32A and 12V 26A...i can't remember what the mins would be on an OC'd system but i would try to get pretty close to these....

Back